PitaPata Dog tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Kyle's Genealogy

I decided to trace Kyle's genealogy back five generations this morning. Call me a nerd, but it sounded like fun.

I actually decided to trace it because we have four Kentucky (a prominent sire) puppies in our club right now. All four have different mothers. I wanted to see if Kyle actually had any connection to all of them. He doesn't, but that's okay. I like Kyle's genealogy better.

Mesa is Kyle's great uncle! Man, that still makes me smile. In case that means nothing to you, Mesa is the second dog I co-raised with my sister Becky.

Mesa was career changed and lived as our family pet for several years. However, Mesa's sister Maddie was pulled as a breeder for guide dogs. Maddie's daughter is Vail. Vail's daughter is Stella. Stella's son is Dutch. Dutch is Kyle's dad. (That sounds like one of the long so-and-so begat so-and-so chapters in the Old Testament.) All that is important is that is that Mesa is Kyle's great-great-great uncle. How cool is that?

This recent discovery makes me all the happier that I am raising Kyle. It was meant to be!

8 comments:

  1. I am pretty sure I know who raised Dutch! :) It really is totally a small world when it comes to Guide Dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fun. I saw pictures of Gracie (Kyle's mom) on Guide Dog's blog, but I don't know much about her. I don't know anything about Dutch. I agree that Guide Dogs is a small world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you do that? I would love to try and trace my puppies' genealogy. The summer days are long and boring and it sounds like something I would love to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a yahoo group about Guide Dogs for the Blind littermates. You'll have to join the group to access the files. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/littermate_info_list/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do that for each of mine - we're a smaller school so it's easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's cool! It'd be even cooler if it'd been Turk...but Mesa's good too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete